Bienvenue.

This blog is a very tiny window into my blogging life. A narrow, frosted window; the kind you usually see at the dentist's office to shield from view the impending torture slowly deviating toward your mouth.

Unfortunately, most of my blogging content is too personal to put up publicly, and I feel bad because 99.9% of the people I mention it to won't ever have access to it. So I made a public blog. It has resulted in the debacle that is this account - a superficial outpouring in humorously obscure, skewed ways.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Flash - Neil Patrick Harris?

The overabundance of the Scarlett Speedster in all my internet related anythings lately make this post ridiculously themed. The Flash may be played by the illustrious villain of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog, a Mr. Neil Patrick Harris.

The thought both excites and scares me.

He's not really buff enough to play the Wally West (or if you prefer Jay Gerrick, Barry Allen or Bart Allen). His face, sure, I can imagine it. The attitude, I bet he could pull off really well too.

But as many a commenter has already said in regards to this, look at Jake Gyllenhaal. He has somehow managed to pull off [at least looking] like an amazing "The Prince," now dubbed "Dastan," from video game series, Prince of Persia. When I had first heard about Gyllenhaal's role last year, I was like, "Well, fuck. There goes another possibly awesome movie turned to shit."

But then I saw those photos. And hot damn.



There's a giant "ehhhh..." skepticism that clouds my judgment on how well the film overall could be pulled off.

The only saving grace seems to be Batman. The Dark Knight totally redeemed all the shitty/subpar/not-really-awesome comic book and/or video game movies that have come out in the past few years.

I can only imagine what the upcoming Street Fighter movie is going to turn out to be like...


No comments: