Bienvenue.

This blog is a very tiny window into my blogging life. A narrow, frosted window; the kind you usually see at the dentist's office to shield from view the impending torture slowly deviating toward your mouth.

Unfortunately, most of my blogging content is too personal to put up publicly, and I feel bad because 99.9% of the people I mention it to won't ever have access to it. So I made a public blog. It has resulted in the debacle that is this account - a superficial outpouring in humorously obscure, skewed ways.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Spanish Romance

After picking up a real guitar for real for the first time in years, and the first time since my Guitar Hero days (in preparation for playing the tune Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to a kindergarten class for my clinical - ughhh, clinical...), I've realized I've gained an incredible amount of control over my body since the last time I attempted to play.

As a kid, I never had much aptitude for hand-eye-foot coordination sports because of my lack of body control.

But frick, I've picked up and played a few rather simple songs today with ease. I remember fingering used to be a lot more difficult on the guitar for me. I credit Guitar Hero. It's probably because I spent an entire week trying to beat Slash on Expert sometime before May. Alas, my skill has deteriorated, but this is definitely the first song on my list to master. It's quite the classic, and it's a heartbreaker song for a girl if a boy plays it and they've never heard it before. Seriously. You will wrap a girl around your finger if you can sing and play guitar, promise (it will work for a bit, anyway).

Unfortunately for you, I already knew the song. Sorry, Mr. Darcy. =) /lovelovelove.







Version 2:

No comments: