Bienvenue.

This blog is a very tiny window into my blogging life. A narrow, frosted window; the kind you usually see at the dentist's office to shield from view the impending torture slowly deviating toward your mouth.

Unfortunately, most of my blogging content is too personal to put up publicly, and I feel bad because 99.9% of the people I mention it to won't ever have access to it. So I made a public blog. It has resulted in the debacle that is this account - a superficial outpouring in humorously obscure, skewed ways.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Om Shanti Om vs. Japanese J-Drama

You know, minus the Bollywood dancing, Om Shanti Om reminded me of a lot of Japanese J-Drama. They both have the same cheesy elements, and the boys swoon the same way about girls in both genres. The characters seemingly act the same as well.

The language is different, but the body language is same.

English in Bollywood movies is considerably better than the engrish seen in a lot of Japanese/Taiwanese/Korean dramas too, lol.

But still, totally love this movie:


If you haven't seen it, go download it. But make sure you get decent subs.

And one of my two favorite songs from this movie is Dhoom Taana, has been stuck in my head for the last week and a half...

kaise, naino se nain milao sajna

kaise, mein aise na ghabrao sajna
Kaise, aaye na kaise mohe laaj sajna
Choona na dehko mohe aaj sajna

Dhoom taana ta dum ta na na na

Dhoom taana ta dum ta na na na
Dhoom taana dhir na dhir na

Mostly because of SYTYCD, no lie.

No comments: